Well, it’s time for me to make some fearless predictions/observations for the 2ND half:
- The Cards will still win the division. 100 games is looking much more difficult given our heIIish June, but is not out of the question quite yet.
- The pitching will recover, although, will not be as strong as last year (unless Mulder comes back and absolutely blows the doors off his game).
- Reyes will be sent down when Mulder returns and I will blow an aneurysm.
- Luna will be hitting .450 and Miles will still start more.
- Offensively, we will improve. Hitting will be adequate for the post-season, assuming Jocketty is able to get anyone decent for the OF. I haven’t been too impressed with Young Dunc so far.
- The Reds will fall off. I have a feeling this trade will not work out as well as they are hoping.
- The Astros will not win the Wild Card and I will dance a jig.
- The Brewers will hang in there and finish 2ND in the division. They will be tough when Sheets and Okha return from the DL.
- The Cubs will not make significant moves, will keep both Wood and Prior, will continue to *****, and will pin their hopes on the broke-arm duo again next year. Baker will not be re-signed.
- David Wright will win the MVP because he’s just so da mn cute, and I will vomit.